Teacher : Student
Male : Female
The Ohio State University is a public university that was founded in 1870 as the Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College which came to be known by its present name in 1878 when Ohio General Assembly passed a law changing its name. On September 17, 1873, the university began classes with a total of 24 students. In 1878, the first class of six men graduated from the university. There are a total of four regional campuses of the University that combine the strengths of the nation’s largest land-grant and the comprehensive research institution with the experience of small, student-centered, Liberal Arts-focused institution. It is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), which is an institutional accreditor in the United States. Also, the University has academic affiliations with the Association of American Universities (AAU), and with the Sea-grant and Space-grant colleges in the United States. The QS World University Rankings accord Ohio State #120 position and according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, the University ranks at #80.
The Ohio State University is a multi-campus University with locations across Ohio, including the main Columbus campus and other campuses in Lima, Mansfield, Newark, and Marion. The main campus is a mix of traditional, modern and postmodern styles and extends to an area of 1,764 acres and is about 2.5 miles north of the city’s downtown. The university offers more than 12,000 programs in total and around 200+ majors at the Undergraduate level. Courses are offered through the University's 15+ Colleges and Schools, including a Graduate School, which offer a breadth of subject areas to choose from. These include, Arts and Sciences, Business, Engineering, Public Health, Public Affairs, Optometry, Nursing, Law, Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Food, Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, Veterinary Medicine, Social Work, Education and Human Ecology, Dentistry, Architecture and various other specializations. Further, the University has international university partners in China, India, Brazil and France, which provides "global gateways" to students and researchers for training or education abroad. Accomplishments and Alumni the Ohio State University has a number of accomplishments starting from 1916, when it became the first university in Ohio to be extended membership into the Association of American Universities (AAU). Today too, it remains the only public university in Ohio among the organization’s 60 members. One of the best universities in Ohio and among the top 20 public universities in the USA, Ohio State University has 790+ innovators in its Undergraduate Research Forum, which is one of the largest in the country. Further, the University has a top-ranked academic medical Center, called the Wexner Medical Center which features 10 nationally-ranked specialties. The university has a network of 5,80,000 alumni living all around the world including, Paul Flory (Nobel Prize-winning Chemist), Larry Sanger (Co-founder of Wikipedia) and Jean Peters (Actress). Student Diversity and Visiting Companies
The University has around 67,000 students enrolled here out of which 91% are full-time and the rest 9% are part-time. Out of this, 66% are White, 8% are Asian, 7% are Black, 5% are Hispanic, 8% are international and the rest 7% are unknown. Students are typically called "Buckeyes" on the campus. The University has a College Factual Diversity rank of #312 out of the total 3,514 schools evaluated in the ranking. This implies that an overall high diversity can be found here from all over the world. Ohio State has a dedicated Office of Student Life which has over 40 departments to create a comprehensive educational experience for all the students. This includes a department for Academic Partnership and Career Success, which assists students throughout their professional development journey, through various activities, leadership programs and more. JPMorgan Chase & Co., Nationwide, Amazon, Cardinal Health, Google, Microsoft, Apple and other academic and corporate organizations recruit graduates from Ohio State University.
View your personalized recommendations based on your profile with a few steps
Award Min 50% Scholarships
Award $10,000 – $15,000
Award $2,000- $10,000
Award $15,000 - $30,000
Fullbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship
Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program
Fulbright – Nehru Fellowships
ACI Foundation Scholarship
International Education Financial Aid
AAUW International Fellowships
Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarship
Get End-to-End Application assistance for your study abroad journey
Congratulations! Your session is booked. Our Expert Buddy will get in touch with you within 24 hours.
100% Admission Guarantee
Complete Assistance with Essays, LORs & CV Prep
Access to 15+ hours of Free IELTS Prep
Scholarship, Visa & Loan Guidance