The University of Suffolk, located in East Anglia, United Kingdom, caters to a diverse student population of over 9,500 individuals, with 8% being international students. The university comprises of six faculties, including the School of Law and Social Sciences, School of Psychology and Education, S...
The University of Suffolk, located in East Anglia, United Kingdom, caters to a diverse student population of over 9,500 individuals, with 8% being international students. The university comprises of six faculties, including the School of Law and Social Sciences, School of Psychology and Education, School of Health Sciences, School of Arts, Design, and Humanities, The Suffolk Business School, and School of Science, Technology, and Engineering. Offering a wide range of programs, from humanities and arts to mathematics and science, the university provides more than 100 undergraduate and postgraduate degrees to its students. With minimum required scores of IELTS (6) and TOEFL (68), interested students can easily apply online, with an average tuition fee of 12,000 GBP for classroom-based courses and 13,300 GBP for laboratory-based courses. Additionally, the University of Suffolk offers financial aid under Student Finance England (SFE) to eligible international students, with scholarships up to 4,000 GBP. Moreover, the university also provides exceptional placement services to its students, ensuring their successful transition into the working world.
Degree & Courses of University of Suffolk
Established in 2007, University of Suffolk is a renowned international institution for higher education. Located in Suffolk, UK, the university is home to a diverse community of 1345 international students, promoting inclusivity and diversity. It is globally recognized for its exceptional education...
Established in 2007, University of Suffolk is a renowned international institution for higher education. Located in Suffolk, UK, the university is home to a diverse community of 1345 international students, promoting inclusivity and diversity. It is globally recognized for its exceptional education quality and its contributions to research.
Ranked 3178th in the World by Webometrics, University of Suffolk offers a wide range of bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs in various fields like Business, Humanities, Engineering and more. The university offers 8 undergraduate and 0 postgraduate programs and has a single intake in September. The duration of bachelor's programs is usually 2 years while the master's program duration varies.
The average annual tuition fee at University of Suffolk ranges from Â£12,000 to Â£16,000. The university provides numerous scholarships and grants to assist students financially, including the Loughborough University Alumni Bursary School Of Business, Teesside University Global Scholarship, Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University for International Students, and Media Communication Head Of School Masters Scholarship.
The sprawling campus of University of Suffolk boasts impressive buildings, state-of-the-art research libraries, well-equipped laboratories, centers, clubs, hostels, and other facilities for students and staff. One of the major draws for international students is the post-study work opportunities available in the UK. The university strives to guide students to excel in their careers and make a positive impact on society.
To qualify for admission, students must meet the English proficiency requirements by submitting IELTS or TOEFL scores. Standardized test scores like GRE, SAT, and GMAT are also accepted. Along with these, students must submit letters of recommendation, work experience letters, statements of purpose, official transcripts from previous schools or colleges, and a valid passport and visa.
To be eligible for admission to the desired courses, the students must meet the academic and English language proficiency score requirements. These requirements are as follows: Academic Requirements: In order to be considered for undergraduate courses, students must possess a high school diploma or certificate from a recognized college or school. In the case of Indian students, an All India Senior School Certificate, commonly referred to as the Indian School Certificate, from CBSE, CISCE, or state boards is mandatory. Majority of programs have also made it mandatory to submit SAT or ACT scores. For graduate level courses, students must have completed a three or four-year bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized institution or university. Some courses, such as Business or Management, may also require GMAT or GRE scores. English Requirements: It is important for the students to fulfill the English language proficiency score requirements which are as follows:
Minimum Undergraduate ScoreÂ
Minimum Graduate ScoreÂ
79 or more
80 or above
550 or more
6.5 or more
6.5 or more
105 or more
110 or above
54 or more
65 or more
This charter emphasizes the university's mutual commitment to top-notch practice placements. The term 'learner' refers to all students enrolled in professional qualification courses in healthcare or social work at the University of Suffolk. Mentors are also included in this designation. These guidelines outline the standards which learners can anticipate from their placement locations:
- Prior to the start of the placement, learners will receive access to a placement profile or induction pack.
- Learners will have the opportunity for a pre-placement visit upon contacting the placement location.
- Within the first week of practice, learners will meet with their assigned mentor or associate mentor.
- All nursing and midwifery mentors are required to possess approved teaching and assessing qualifications and be listed on a live mentor register. Furthermore, all midwifery and nursing mentors in final placements will have completed training to become 'Sign-Off' mentors as per NMC guidelines.
- On their first day of practice, learners can expect to be:
- Oriented to the layout of the placement area.
- Trained on fire, CPR, and relevant health and safety policies and procedures.
- Provided with information on available educational resources.
- Scheduled for an initial meeting during the first week of the placement to discuss mid-point and final interview dates. The mentor will provide both written and verbal feedback in accordance with specified documentation.
- Informed of roles and responsibilities within the first week of the placement.
- Given contact information for the designated practice/academic link.
- Assured that any practice-related difficulties will be promptly addressed, properly documented, and escalated to the academic link or allocations office if necessary.
- Required to complete and sign all necessary documentation before completing the placement.
- Noted on the duty roster or equivalent for their practice hours.